Task – Memoir, Week 3
- Whom did you form major relationships with in this period? Briefly describe the dynamic of the most important ones.
- Where did you live?
- What was your community in this period? Did you have one? Was it satisfying, complicated, dramatic, supportive?
- Describe one sound from this period. Was there a song you listened to over and over? Try listening to it now. What does the experience bring up?
- Describe one taste from this period.
- Describe one smell from this period.
- Describe a time you felt lonely during this period.
- Describe a time you felt supported during this period.
- What was the source of stress during this time?
- What other memories feel significant to you from this time?
Task – Loneliness
Take 20 minutes and allow yourself to write about a time in your life when you were most lonely? What were the circumstances? Were you surrounded by others or isolated? Working or not working?
Now take the time to write about a time when you felt connected to others, Who did you connect to? Over what? Can you reach out to the person now? Is there someone else who comes to mind who might fill a similar role?
Task – Volunteer, Just a little
Where can you volunteer, even just a little, right now? Perhaps it is the gift of time in a local soup kitchen. Perhaps it is the gift of advice to one who is building a career in your area of expertise. Perhaps it is the gift of listening. We all have something to share. What could you “give away, for fun and for free,” today?
Task – Strength in Numbers
List five people who have been supportive of you at different times in your life?